We know that the decisions you make in your financial life are far more important than the actual investments you have in your portfolio. We have over 40 years of experience successfully guiding and helping clients to and through retirement. We serve many executives and professionals from the Oil & Gas industry as well as Physicians, Dentists and other professionals who all need the type of advanced advice and guidance that we provide.In business, you may make crucial decisions everyday.
We walk with you to help you make the crucial financial decisions for you and your family.
Retirement Planning, Retirement Income and Executive Guidance
Modern retirement is unique and different. In the past, individuals could depend on a pension and social security. Today we need to create a stream of income that lasts a lifetime and can extend your legacy to future generations. The key variable for a successful retirement is the ability to plan well and make resources last – no matter how much money you have. Here are the five key challenges we help you plan for and manage:
- Longevity – Living longer than ever imagined.
- Inflation – At an average 3% inflation rate, the value of an income today would be cut in half in 25 years. So a $100,000 income would only be worth about $50,000.
- Health Care Costs – Most medical cost occur in the last stage of retirement, the last five years of life.
- Improper Allocation – The volatility of the market can cause people to become overly risky in bull markets and overly cautious in bear markets. Portfolio allocations need to be diversified to capture the upside potential of the market and provide a hedge against inflation while still providing downside protection.
- Depletion of Assets – This is the risk of overly rapid withdrawals. After recent market downturns, some retirees were especially shocked at the damage to their portfolios. Those who took too much from their portfolios found it very difficult or impossible to recover. Typically, clients should maintain a conservative withdrawal rate of about 4%-5% so that their portfolio can grow and recover from market downturns.